Thursday, September 10, 2009

White On Rice

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I got an email about this film from the Laemmle "sneak preview club", which I love because it introduces me to many movies that I would have never heard of otherwise. One of the things that makes me the happiest is seeing people make their dreams come true. I know that sounds SUPER cheesy, but I love seeing people succeed at doing what they love. These tiny films are usually done on next to NO budget, and are often self distributed (like this one). All I knew about this film prior to watching it last night was this little description:
A comedy about Jimmy (Hiroshi Watanabe, LETTERS fROM IWO JIMA), who loves dinosaurs and sleeps on the  top bunk. Unfortunately, Jimmy is 40, and shares the bunk bed with his 10-year-old nephew. Freshly divorced, Jimmy has moved in with his sister and her family while boldly searching for a new wife. His brother in-law thinks he’s a disaster. And although Jimmy may lack social grace, he is convinced the best years of his life are just beginning.




*I am PROMISING reviews on many of these movies by tomorrow! I'm still a bit sick, but am TRYING not to sleep my day away anymore. Hold me to it guys!*

No comments:

Post a Comment