Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Weird Science

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

After taking some time to catch up the current theatrical releases, I'm going to try to get back to some of the old movies that I'm lame to have not seen. Tonight's film came courtest of Space 15Twenty. This month is all John Hughes movies, hence, Weird Science. Next month is all Patrick Swayze films, so if anyone wants to join me on the Tuesday night that they show Point Break, let me know. Also, good to know that if an actor ever needs attention, all they have to do is die. Too soon? (Actually, that was my dorky attempt at an homage to Brand New, whose 4th album, Daisy, came out today. Buy it!) Anyway, I have trouble getting into 80's comedies that I didn't grow up with. They hold a sentimental value when you grow up watching them, but when you're introduced to 80's comedies as an adult, they just don't seem to see that funny. The comedic pacing is so much slower, and I usually just can't get into them. I recently saw Fast Time At Ridgemont High... meh. That's my sentiment. I didn't find it very funny, nor did I see what all the nostalgic hype was about. Someone the other day pointed out to me that Mr. Skin gave Fast Times... the distinction of having the #1 nude scene of all time. Um... Phoebe Cates getting out of a pool topless? That earns the #1 spot? Eff you Mr. Skin! Lame! Though I'd totally be willing to switch boobs with Phoebe Cates anyday!

*sigh* Back to the topic at hand; here's the Weird Science trailer... and as always, I'm a slack and will review in a (regrettably un)timely manner. Check out that floppy disk!



No comments:

Post a Comment