Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Big Fan

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
When I think Patton Oswalt, I think comedy. And then I think animated rat comedy. Big Fan, however, isn't gonna be either one of those. It's written and directed by Robert D. Siegel, who was also the screenwriter behind Darren Aronofsky's film The Wrestler, so I'm hoping this captures the real, yet sad sentiment of that film. The Westler was one of those films that I liked better after I was able to digest it for a while, and the same will probably hold true for this one. I think the only films I've seen Oswalt in were his tiny bit parts in Observe and report (which I HATED, by the way), and Zoolander (where'd you'd blink and miss him), so we'll see if he can carry this through. I cheated a little and checked out the score on Rotten Tomatoes, and so far (in it's super tiny release), Big Fan is at an 81% with 47 reviews in  - not too shabby! (I'm seeing this tonight at the Landmark Nuart.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment