Sunday, October 4, 2009

Whip It

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
Confession time: A few years back, a couple of my good friends tried to talk me into joining a roller derby team. I had always been a good roller blader and even played a good deal of street hockey as a kid. I'd also skate around the cul-de-sac as if I were training to be a speed skater in the Olympics. I hadn't actually ROLLER SKATED for YEARS though. With the slightest bit of consideration, I bought myself a pair of skates, looked up all the info, and realized that I needed to have health insurance (which I didn't have, and couldn't afford), so my dreams of roller derby were shot to hell. Now that I have time and motivation to train, and health insurance, I'm afraid it'll be way too trendy now that the movie's out. *sigh*

I'm hoping to like the movie. I'm not the biggest Drew Barrymore fan, so I'm hoping that her directing is better than her acting. I like Ellen Page, Kristen Wiig, Juliette Lewis, Zoë Bell, and Alia Shawkat, so regardless, I'm optimistic.

 
Before I'm able to write a proper review, I have to throw in that the dude who plays Ellen Page's love interest seemed oddly familiar, so when I saw the name "Landon Pigg", I jumped in excitement - eyes welled up and everything! I think he's fantastic and I'm stoked to see him play with A Fine Frenzy next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment