Monday, August 24, 2009

Autism: The Musical

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Since this one's a documentary, I didn't feel the need to post about the trailer prior to watching the film. I've had this one saved in my DVR since last September! Dang! Every now and then I go on a documentary kick, and Autism: The Musical was one of the casualties when I moved out of that phase. I usually fall asleep to a movie that I've already seen at night, but seeing as it was still pretty early, I decided to give this first-run a shot.

Am I heartless if I say that I didn't like it? *ducks and covers* Maybe I SHOULD have discussed the trailer first. It seemed like it was going to deal with autistic kids in a musical. While that's partially accurate, it dealt a lot with the families and relationships between the parents, and the parents vs. teachers, etc. There WAS a musical involved in it, but it wasn't at the forefront of topics that the film dealt with. That's not necessarily bad, but it wasn't what was expected. I wanted to see more interactions with the kids I guess.

If I were to give it a quick thumbs up or thumbs down, I'd regretfully have to give it a thumbs down. Better luck next time HBO.

No comments:

Post a Comment